6.03.2011

Moving.

I'm here to apologize for my recent lack of posts/recipe updates. Things are in a shambles here on the homefront. It turns out that I have to move out of my apartment and I have very little time to find a new place. While I'm excited by the prospect of moving and experiencing new neighborhoods and routines, and possibly a house/apartment with a decent sized kitchen, I'm also incredibly stressed by the time constraint and by the fact that it wasn't my idea. How did this happen, you ask? Three out of four of the roomies were on the lease. When one of them moved out, she obviously wanted off the lease. Well it turns out that if one person goes off, we all do. That isn't a problem in and of itself. The problem arose when we were told that if we want to sign a new lease and keep this apartment, our rent would go from $1750 to $2450 starting July 1st. For lack of a more appropriate reaction, fuck. Fuck. So now Roomie and I are going to pay for June, cover the other half between us, while she looks for more roommates to fill this place out, and I look for somewhere else entirely to live. I've already sent out a bunch of emails but I know from experience that people rarely respond. I'm usually on the non-responding side. Lemme just tell you, the receiving side (or non-receiving side, I should say) really sucks. We do have the option of moving more people into this apartment to cheapen our rent, but here's the downside to that: starting in the fall I'm going to be attending a different school. Which means I'll be commuting to school and to wherever I end up working. If I move out, I have the opportunity to move somewhere that cuts down on my commuting costs and that's in an area replete with job opportunities. I also have the opportunity to move into a neighborhood that's actually in San Francisco, and not down in the gray fog belt, in an area that might as well be considered Daly City. This is why I'm excited. But now the pressure is going to be majorly on in August for me to find a job that pays more than what I was making before. My costs will be higher in every way and that stresses me out. This is all a part of the adventure and I'm looking forward to every second of it, but bear with me if I'm absent for awhile. Things just got real hectic real fast. In the meantime, I hope you're all enjoying June!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment