5.11.2011

Chico Idol.

So remember when I said I wanted to be in a band? I forgot to mention that in Freshman year of high school, Chelsea and I made a very sad attempt to make music together. We had a band name, a few other members, and a myspace page. But no music. We were a backward bunch. THIS time we have music first. Or at least some lyrics and a tune. No instrumentals. This is a definite step up from last time. Step number two is for Chelsea to learn the guitar and for me to become the world's best harmonica-ist...harmonicist...harmonist...mkay the world's best harmonica player! I have a blues harmonica and my grandpa's house is the perfect place to pretend you're awesome at it. So the month of July will be devoted to learning how to drive his truck, pulling up veggies, and playing the harmonica. Which leads me to what this post is about. In August I'm going to try to make a trip to Chico and stay there for a good solid week if possible, because Chelsea and I are going to have a hippy week. What's that you ask? A week of sitting in the sun, listening to classic rock, being lazy (but peaceful), eating (obviously), and making sweet sweet music together. I literally cannot wait. While I wouldn't want to live in Chico full time, I'm excited to pretend I do. It's gonna be a good week. I would like for it to last longer but she'll be working and I'll be needing to look for a job so we shall see. BUT the point is, Vailwood (our old band) will be reunited for one awesome week of attempted music making!

In other news, remember this dress? I'm almost done with it! As in, I could be finished with it in the next few hours. As in, this could be one of my first finished projects in...well, years. As embarrassing as that is to admit. And it's actually looking very nice! If I didn't have to wake up early this morning, I would have stayed up late to finish it. Alas. My bed was calling me. As it is right now. I'm painfully exhausted.

In other other news, you know how I said I might have cool news tonight? Scratch that. I might have cool news tomorrow night. I got the dates mixed up! Anyhow I'm off to go work on my dress and perhaps watch some 30 Rock. I started from the beginning and good lord I love this show. Toodles!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment