5.06.2011

Holy Crepe!

Ha! See what I did there? Anyway, I just thought I'd share some details of my day. I didn't do much of anything but at one point I got hungry, went into my kitchen, and thought "I'm gonna bake something!" So dammit, I did. It took all of 5 minutes to whip it together and 20 minutes to bake. Such a good choice. Now I have something to snack on this week. I made another "muffin cake" but this time I added some of the orange compote to it, along with some vanilla extract and it's quite good! In fact I could have gotten away with adding more of the compote since the flavor is almost too subtle. But with some butter and honey on it, my goodness it's delightful! Then around 3 I decided that maybe I should shower and brush my teeth. Better late than never. I spent a good deal of time dancing in my bathroom while getting ready for my night out. One of my biffles managed to score two free tickets to an early showing of Bridesmaids and oh my sweet Jesus I laughed through the entire thing. It is frickin hilarious. I definitely need to go back with my sisters in honor of the upcoming wedding. And I highly recommend that you all go see it when it comes out (you know, when the peasantry see movies. Not like us special folk, who see things a week early). It was playing at the Marina theater over on Chestnut, which is one of my favorite neighborhoods. I love the whole Marina district, but Chestnut is so pretty with all of it's shops and restaurants and there's always good people watching. Tonight especially, since it's Cinco de Mayo (congratulations, Mexico!) and the streets were pleasantly crowded with revelers in sombreros. After the movie got out we decided to walk around a bit and take in the sights. Then we started talking about Squat and Gobble (since there was one right down the street) and how neither of us had ever had a crepe! *Gasp!* It was 9:15 at this point so there was no way they were still open, right? WRONG! Not only were they open, but they were still serving! It was such a beautiful serendipity. I tell you, folks, the simple pleasures. One of my new years resolutions was to be more impulsive and so far it has not led me astray. It's mostly just led me to good food. I got the chicken pesto crepe and she got the "whole thing", which is a dessert crepe with nutella, bananas, cinnamon, walnuts, and I don't know what else but they were to die for. I didn't even realize until halfway through that I had effed up my gluten free diet. Shit! But it was tasty so I'm having a hard time feeling bad about it. I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow. Anyhow, I have to wake up in approximately 5 hours so I should really be getting to bed. And hopefully one of these days I'll actually have something exciting to share with you! Perhaps even a picture or two if you're lucky! Happy Friday and happy sunshine!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment