5.03.2011

How To Be A Good Blogger...

...and why I suck at it.

It takes pictures, people. A lot of them. And good ones. You have to be the kind of person who carries their camera everywhere with them and takes pictures of every single detail that makes up your day. You also need a friend or boyfriend/girlfriend or sibling who happens to be available all the time to come with you on your various adventures and snap photos of you walking/eating/browsing/standing. This sounds like I'm being critical or sarcastic, and I swear I'm not. That's just the reality of the situation. And I am/have none of those things. There are times when I think "man I wish I had a camera right now", especially for beautiful views and architecture. But even when I do have a camera with me, I'm too busy enjoying the view to remember to take a picture of it. I like to just absorb my surroundings, experience my food, walk around the city, without having to interrupt my flow of activity and thought to capture it on camera. So for that I apologize. I can imagine that this little blog can feel pretty mundane, and seem like a place for me to ramble incessantly about god knows what. But I'm not going to lie, I enjoy the transition it's made from what it was in the beginning. It feels much more like me now, and less like the person that I was trying to be. It's a pretty accurate portrayal of the ways in which I've been changing over the past few months and it's been interesting for me to both watch and experience. I hope it's been interesting for you too.

As far as the next few months go, big changes are ahead! School is ending in two weeks, I'm done at my job at the end of May, preparations for my sister's wedding are getting much more serious and I'm thinking about possible sewing projects for things to wear while I frolic on the beach, my month with my grandpa gets closer and closer, and chances are that I'll be spending a great deal of time at my parent's place during the month of June. Why, you ask? Because chances are I'll have no money and therefore staying in my apartment full time would be...well, hungry. Either way, I cannot wait for this summer to officially begin! I had a little taste of it this past weekend hiking the Las Trampas hills with a friend and sitting out on the back porch with my parents and my sister eating chips and oranges. It was perfect and such a tease!

Anyhow, I need to go be productive and take advantage of the beautiful weather outside so off I go!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment