5.13.2011

I Just Met The Mayor.

The Mayor of Tasty Town. That's right, folks. According to Trader Joes, the Eggplant is the Mayor of Tasty Town. And that's not someone you say no to. So I bought one. Wait a minute, you're thinking. You spent money? That's right! Because I got paid today! And I went straight to TJ's. I frickin love grocery shopping on payday. To celebrate, I bought an Eggplant. It is currently roasting away in my oven with fresh garlic cloves, garlic herb seasoning, tomato basil spaghetti sauce, and mozarella cheese. So consider this my first foray into Italian cooking! At least for this month. Over the course of the next 24 hours I'm going to try to come up with a name for it. I was gonna say it's my own version of Eggplant parmesan, but without the parmesan I'm not sure if that name still holds up. And Eggplant mozarella just doesn't have the same ring to it. At this point all you need to know is that it smells amazing, and after 15 minutes of roastage it looks amazing too. I cannot wait! I wish I were hungrier, but due to my destruction of another whole bag of baked cheese crunchies, my appetite is not what it should be. Again, I have very little self control, especially with anything that can be classified as a snack.

                                                     ...........................................................

I left for a few minutes to enjoy my feast and sweet mother of god I just made magic. It was so good. I would pay for that in a restaurant. I love wingin it! I mean granted, I didn't do anything too crazy or combine flavors that have never met each other before, but still! Success in the kitchen is one of my favorite things ever! I can't wait to use the rest of my Eggplant for something else. I shall be posting the very simple, very delicious recipe tomorrow some time. For now I need to go clean up and put my face on. I'm goin out tonight. And the only thing that will make this evening fun and bearable is to be very drunk. With that, I leave you to be jealous of my natural prowess in the kitchen. 

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment