4.12.2011

"Aint No Grave...

...gonna hold my body down".

This weekend I gave a friend a mini-tour of the Mission, complete with a walk down Clarion Alley, an alley filled wall-to-wall with amazing graffiti. In an unassuming spot on the ground, scrawled in spray paint, was that quote. I don't know who put it there or what it's from, but I stopped and stared at it for a good minute. Let the word "grave" stand for whatever you want. Aint no anything gonna hold my body down.


On another note, I wanted to apologize again for the slow down of posts lately. I didn't think that spring break ending would be such a sad event but it really was! I have spring fever and am getting impatient. I want the semester to be over. There's been a lot going on lately, mostly all of it in my head but still. I've been experiencing a major slow down in creativity lately. Getting dressed in the morning has been impossible for the past two weeks and that's always a bad sign. I guess the upside is that I've been in a writing mood lately. Just a few lines here and there, but it's something. I'm not sure how to get out of this funk. It's not helping that I'm sick. Son of a nutcracker, I am a mess! It's about to be a good week, though, because I remembered today that I don't work again until Friday!

And finally, it's the big birthday next Wednesday. The big 2-0. I feel like I should leave my teens with a bang. Something to send 19 off in style. Any suggestions?

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment