4.13.2011

Someone's In The Kitchen With Lauren.

Okay guys, get ready for something awesome. It's big. And awesome. And I am beyond excited! So I have this friend Alexa. I've known her since we were six years old, so it's safe to say that I'm fond of her. And Alexa is a whiz in the kitchen. She doesn't think so, but I've seen this girl in action and heard her talk the talk (you know, Chef-speak) and I wish I had her skills and natural ability. But the combination of school and disliking school keeps her pretty busy and doesn't leave her very inspired to whip up greatness in the kitchen. We simply can't have this, and I've been trying to find different ways to get her ass in the kitchen where it belongs. And I finally found a winner. I came up with this idea last night but didn't want to say anything until she agreed. How did I do this, you ask? I spent the morning bombarding her facebook inbox with links to food blogs. Hook, line, and sinker. Worked like a charm. Alexa and I are about to embark on a culinary journey around the world!!! Here's how it's gonna work. Every month we will pick a new country to pick recipes from. We'll each do at least one new recipe a week, but of course we can do more if we're so inclined. I'll write about my recipe, and she'll write about hers, complete with pictures and the full recipe so that you all can partake if you're so inclined! Our journey around the world will begin in May, and until then we'll do whatever we happen to think of. I'm so excited! She's already got hers done for the week, and I'm thinkin mine will be done by tomorrow. Our plan is to have them finished by Saturday and posted on Sunday. They can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, snacks, whatever. This is so cool because not only will we both be cooking and holding each other to it, but we'll be learning a little bit about each country we do! There may come a time where we need your help for ideas, however. According to the stats of my page, I know that I have some readers from all over the world (which is crazy cool). I'm not sure if these readers are stumbling upon my little blog on accident or if they're coming here intentionally. But if you're an intentional international reader and you have a recipe you want to see either me or Alexa try, please drop a comment or email! The internet is full of ideas but there are always times when it's completely devoid of inspiration.

Anyway, I cannot wait to get started. After lunch with my mom I went to TJs and bought a bunch of random ingredients that I plan on turning into a dinner tomorrow night. I was going to cook tonight but when I got home my roommate and her friend were making dinner. Our kitchen is the size of a closet and it has only one counter, so there was no way I was getting in there. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have better luck. So for now I'm off to find recipes that include the randomness I bought tonight. Toodles!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment