4.27.2011

Alexa's Hearty Pasta With Ground Turkey and Tomato Sauce.



I absolutely love ground turkey because it’s so versatile and healthy. I was craving something hearty so I decided to make up my own recipe with the ingredients I had in my fridge. I knew I wanted pasta and ground turkey so I combined them with a fresh tomato sauce. You can use any kind of pasta, but I used trofie, which takes a little longer to cook so you can use spaghetti, penne or linguine. Whatever you prefer.



I also added arugula and parmesan cheese to the pasta when it was complete. The arugula added this indescribable kick and the parmesan of course gave it a tremendous flavor. Parmesan is one of my favorite cheeses and when you pair it with pasta it’s heaven in your mouth. I was running low on vegetables so the the small amount of arugula was the perfect addition to the pasta. I made a smaller portion for just myself so if you’re thinking about making it for another person or a group of people you can double or triple the recipe. You will want to try this recipe because it’s very fresh, somewhat healthy and mouth watering. Give it a shot!


Ingredients:
-2 Tablespoons of Olive oil
-Teaspoon of salt
-Teaspoon of pepper
-One garlic clove, minced
-Half of a yellow onion, chopped
-1/2 a can of tomato sauce
-Ground turkey ( Your preference if you want it meaty add more)
-Handful of arugula
-½ cup of parmesan


Directions:

Fill up a pot halfway with water and let boil. While you wait for water to boil cook ground turkey in a separate pan until golden brown.

In a sauce pan, heat up olive oil and then add the minced garlic. Let garlic cook and then add the chopped onion. Let that all simmer until the onions are soft. Add the tomato sauce and let it come to a boil then add salt and pepper. Drain the grease from the ground turkey and add to the tomato sauce. Mix that until turkey is drenched in sauce. Once water boils add pasta. Let pasta cook for 12-15 minutes if you use trofie. Then combine sauce and pasta. Add the grated parmesan and arugula and then Bon Appétit!!!!



-Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment