4.26.2011

So Funny I Forgot To Laugh.

That's how much of my misfortune seems to go. Or idiocy, I should say. I have to laugh at myself because it's just too late to get upset. So it turns out that I have negative funds in my bank account and I do, in fact, possess a beater. I guess that last one isn't so much misfortune as it is me being too lazy to thoroughly check my kitchen. And I guess that first one isn't so much misfortune as it is me being too lazy to frequently check my bank balance. In any case, I just called in sick for work tomorrow, seeing as I have $2 to my name. Enough to get to work, but not enough to get home. And I'd rather not be stuck there, thanks. I thought that I was a "starving college student". One who happened to eat more than enough and shopped. A lot. But I think I just hit rock bottom and I tell ya, the view from down here is not pretty. It's tainted with panic and self-disgust and filled with the echoes of my promises to change my ways. If you're picturing the bottom of a deep, dark well, you're spot on. I get paid on Friday and don't have to go anywhere until then so I'm not panicking too much, but still. The best part is that the first thing I thought was "how am I going to get groceries for this week's recipe?!". Good to know my priorities are in order. I know that's what you were worried about too, but don't fret. I have plenty of ingredients to throw something together, and now I have a beater at my disposal so look out!

Anyway, now that I don't have to get up early for work, and since I'm not tired, I'm going to go watch The OC in bed while deconstructing this dress. I figured out what I wanna do to it, so here's to hoping I don't royally fuck it up. My plan is to make it shorter, take off the sleeves, remove the zipper from the back, and cut both the front and back necklines into V's. Then of course finishing off the edges. I've done something similar to a silky blouse, and it was rather successful. It's a shame I got deep red lipstick all over the back and can't wear it now. How did I manage that? Being an idiot. If you haven't already noticed, it's kinda my thing. ANYWAY! I'm leaving now, to go bask in the gray, murky glory that is my financial negligence. Toodles.

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment