4.13.2011

Couldn't Think Of A Title.

So I'm still really jazzed about this cooking kick I'm on. I mean, I should be since I just started thinking about it 12 hours ago, but hey this is a sign of good things to come! Anyway, in a few hours I'm going to be meeting up with my mom for dinner but to kill time I decided to turn on the Food Network. Unfortunately Paula Deen was just ending, and for those of you who don't know, Paula Deen is my homegirl. But up next was none other than the Barefoot Contessa, Ina. Before you jump to the conclusion that I was excited by this, let me explain. I watch Barefoot Contessa when I'm feeling particularly masochistic. Ina drives me absolutely insane. She sounds like a pet therapist, talking to her locally grown peaches in soothing tones. Even when her food processor is going at full speed. And the camera crew for this show also really bothers me. Can you get any closer to the bowl? I can't even see what's in there, it's just a brown mass. BAAAAAH it's on right now and I wanna throw my laptop!!! Why do I watch it if it drives me this nuts, you ask? I told you, I enjoy self-torture. Just kidding. I'm watching because it's 1:15 on a wednesday and nothing else is on. Oh, and another thing that drives me nuts is the way she styles her dishes. They always look so clean, prim, and nautical. I know, I know, she lives in an upscale beachy community but still. Come on, Ina, whip off that preppy blue button up shirt and use some colored plates. Get really wild, just let your hair down.

Anyway, I know I just said I'm meeting my mom for dinner but really I'm meeting her around 4 and since I usually stay up until midnight, that is more of a late lunch for me. SO. I'm thinking that perhaps tonight could be new recipe number one. And I'm going back and forth between winging it with a few recipes I already know mixed together (which still counts) (PS Ina is making two dishes in one meal that include capers. Fail)(after every freaking dish she makes she goes "now I gotta take a picture. A picture for my article". Then she asks it to say cheese. K, after the third time, I think we get it! Shit!) or finding a new recipe altogether. But as of right now, this is what I'm picturing: roasting some vegetables with some jazzy vinaigrette, including the rest of my bell peppers, cooking some chicken with butter, garlic, and garlic salt, and eating it over noodles or brown rice. I just ate and I'm not hungry so this does not sound appealing to me at all right now but maybe by 8 o'clock tonight it will. Actually, this will probably be better tomorrow night since (I'm picturing Ina as a child...she hasn't changed a bit) roasting vegetables is a lot of prep time. Either way I have to hit TJ's on my back from seeing my mom, so we'll see what happens! (She just instructed me not to neglect the corners and then neglected the corner. That's what happens when you have a camera up your ass, Ina. We catch you being a cheater).

I had to change it, now I'm watching the Colbert Report. He's one of my TV husbands. Along with Johns Hamm and Krasinski. But nobody beats Peter Gallagher as Sandy Cohen on the OC.


Look at how he smolders. I call those the power brows.
If there are any self-proclaimed Sandy Cohens out there, call me. 

I digress. I suppose this is it for now. In case you were wondering, yes I am trying for the 2011 Mundane Blogger Award. Hence this post. Alright, I'll stop now.

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment