4.06.2011

Build Me Up Buttercup.

It's time for my first update of how I spent my spring break. On Tuesday of last week it was one of my best friend's birthdays and in honor of the day, I decided to make them peanut butter cups. The weather was very warm last week (it was a godsend) so chocolate confections probably weren't the best idea. But they were delicious, albeit rich, and I'm sure I'll be making them again. I used this recipe from Design Sponge. If you haven't already noticed, it's one of my favorite websites ever. And if you haven't already done so, check them out. Here are a few photos I snapped once they were done!



The recipe calls for a mini cupcake tin, and it's great if you have one. However, I found that if I tripled up on the paper cups, they were stiff enough to withstand the chocolate and a tin wasn't completely necessary. I can't get enough of making things like this. It serves as a wonderful reminder that most of the things we go to great pains to buy can easily be made by our own hands in our own kitchens. Turn on some of your favorite cooking music and prepare to snack on the ingredients the whole time you're making them, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment