4.19.2011

Alexa's Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Hello all! So I decided to make my favorite banana bread with an incredible twist. I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com along time ago and found it to be my favorite. If you like bananas and chocolate this is a great recipe to try out. Everyone loves chocolate and whoever doesn’t …well we can’t be friends. Anyways, I decided to add chocolate chips to my famous banana bread to give it that desirable taste. As I’m casually pouring the chocolate chips into the final batter I decide to use the whole bag. Who are we kidding, half a bag of chocolate chips just won’t do it. I’ve made this recipe many times and it is so simple and delicious! The smell of this masterpiece engulfing my apartment was all I wanted after a long day of class and my roommates agreed! Unfortunately since I’m a college student and on a budget I do not own a mixer. So mixing all the ingredients turned into a workout. I usually always have 3 or 4 ripe bananas in my freezer that I keep around just for this special occasion, but overripe bananas you have laying around will do as well. Give this recipe a try! You will not regret it.  Here are the ingredients you need for this wonderful treat.
•    1 cup granulated sugar
•    8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
•    2 large eggs
•    3 ripe bananas
•    1 tablespoon milk
•    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•    2 cups all-purpose flour
•    1 teaspoon baking powder
•    1 teaspoon baking soda
•    1 teaspoon salt
•    Semi- sweet chocolate chips (I used the whole bag. It’s your preference)


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. 



Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. 


Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.




Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.



And enjoy!

-Alexa

If anybody makes this recipe, let us know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment