1.19.2011

The Blues.

I don't know what it is, but when the weather is nice in San Francisco, especially when it shouldn't be (like in January, for instance) I get the blues. You would think that I would drop everything and go lay in the sun to soak up all the vitamin D. And in the spring time I do. But the past few days the weather has been frickin hot, by SF standards at least, and I have been wanting the clouds back! Maybe it's because gloomy weather makes for a perfect excuse to be lazy and cozy by yourself. So, in honor of the clouds that will come back, I thought I would share the things I picked up on a little impromptu shopping trip I went on today (and by impromptu shopping trip, I mean the one that I go on every week). But first let me start by sharing with you all a dream of mine. How many of you wish you could take your bed with you everywhere you go? I realized long ago that that is obviously not possible and I would gladly settle for bringing my comforter with me. And until I find a wool blanket fitting for this project, I will be using the next best thing.

The Dolce Vita poncho. Mine is in forest green and let me just tell you, it is heaven wrapped around my body. It is thick and warm and squishy and it actually has arm holes! Which I thinks takes away from the poncho stigma so I'm a fan. I first saw it a month or two ago and just wanted to cuddle with it all day. But it was crazy expensive (for me) and told myself to forget about it. Move on. There were other ponchos in the sea. But I knew that was just a lie. I saw it again this past weekend with Chelsea when we were at Ambiance on Haight (awesome store by the way and I plan on doing a profile of them soon) and it was ON SALE! Mind you, it was still $80 on sale, so it was still too expensive. But today I was in the Ambiance on Union (my weekly pit stop) and it was on sale for $75! I know. It gets better. I signed up to be on their email/birthday list thing, and I got an extra 20% off *drool*. $60. Yeah I had to buy it, you think I had a choice in the matter? 
That's not all. I also scored myself a pair of Steve Madden Riddgge's for no reason whatsoever. I have a problem.
-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment