1.14.2011

The Sands of Time.

So I was looking through all the amazing editorials on Fashion Gone Rogue and stumbled upon one from Vogue Nippon from November 2008 and in about .5 seconds I was sold.


When thinking about the desert, what typically first comes to mind is a hot, barren, empty, dry landscape. Nothingness. But this editorial is a portrait of the amazing lines and textures that make up the desert landscape. The architectural elements of the clothes make her look like a native creature of the desert, blending perfectly into the dunes' peaks and shadows. The ridiculously amazing collar above looks like she has a dune wrapped around her shoulders. 




I don't know if it's because of what she's wearing, but she has even managed to make it look cold where she is. Maybe it's just me. In any case, this has put me in the mood for super tailored pieces. Sharp lines and corners, geometric shapes, and color blocking. Now to incorporate that into Spring. Look at me getting too ahead of myself. Winter in San Francisco has only just begun. My mind needs to be on heavy wool and 3 layers of tights under my jeans instead of a Spring wardrobe.

Images courtesy of Fashion Gone Rogue.


No comments:

Post a Comment