1.10.2011

Shoes For These Concrete Streets.

Alert: Urban Outfitters is having a 20% ff sale on shoes until 1/12!

While we're on the subject of shoes, I would like to pose a question for readers: when a new shoe design comes out that is insane (and by insane I mean "what were they thinking") and you swear you would never wear anything that hideous, how long does it take you to start obsessing over it? A month? A week? Or am I the only one who does this? I was completely horrified by the Jeffrey Campbell Lita and now I would be quite happy owning one in every design. I was equally horrified by the Acne leopard print boot, but before I knew it I was in lust with them. Part of me knows that my eventual acceptance of crazy shoes has a lot to do with the fact that suddenly I see them everywhere and on everyone and I too want to look that fabulous. This frustrates me because I think we all like to see ourselves as being above the influence of trends. But I have to remind myself that my tastes change quickly and something that I wore for all of December would never see the light of day in January. When this is not enough to convince me, when I'm feeling like I'm a sucker for any and all crazy shoe trends, I simply look at this picture:

Enough said.

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment