1.20.2011

It Sheds Like Fake Fur.

That's right folks. I have DIY'd that thrifted velvet shirt from a few posts ago and she sheds like a motha. I cropped it the same way I did the Police t-shirt except it's more dramatic because the back of the shirt falls just below my butt and the front is up around my hips. I cut out the neckline area and replaced it with some dark blue chiffon. This was risky! I have never attempted such a thing and I liked the shirt as it was so the alteration was actually completely unnecessary. But I don't hate it and it's actually starting to grow on me! But I hand sew everything because while I have a beautiful sewing machine (I named her Heidi), I'm still frightened of her. So this took me foreveeer. Plus I was watching TV while I did it which makes everything take longer than it should. I haven't tried it with a bra yet, I've only ever worn it with my American Apparel body suit. In addition, the seam puckers a little/doesn't lie flat. So basically I don't have a very good idea of how it fits. That is okay because when it comes to this type of project, I am lazy. As Tim Gunn would say, I'll "make it work".

I would take a picture but as you already know, the camera on my phone sucks, and as you may not already know, the lighting in my apartment sucks even more. I know, my lack of decent pictures makes the fashion portion of this blog a bit of a failure! Eventually. It'll get there eventually. I'm thinking about wearing it to my beautiful sister's engagement party this weekend and if I do there will be pictures!

On the art front, I have an update about the gallery excitement I talked about earlier this week. I decided that if I'm going to show pieces and try to sell them, I need to do my best work. And 12 days wasn't long enough to make 4 pieces to the best of my ability. So I'm going to take the next month and work on a small series of pieces and see about being a part of a show in March. At this moment I want to call the series "Rapture" and I'm thinking of doing all 4 pieces in a different medium: acrylic, pen and ink, charcoal, and pencil. But that might not be a good idea because it could take away from the cohesiveness of the series. Thoughts?

Anyway, it's practically midnight and I still have to clean the apartment before I go home for the weekend so that my roommate can go on believing that I'm a relatively clean individual. Off I go!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment