1.28.2011

Lace It.

Today was a busy day. I had work from 8 to 12, then class from 2 to 7. And it was hotter than blazes! It's been really inconvenient actually, because I have to dress for the frigid morning temperature for my commute to work. I was going to snap a picture when I got back but my face was melting off and I only had 40 minutes to eat, change, and fix my friggin hair (more on that business later). Oh, side bar, our neighbors are throwing another beerpong tournament. This must be the semifinals. As I was saying. I wore my pair of black jeggings from Jessica Simpson (tights underneath for extra warmth), my nude American Apparel body suit, and a button up, long sleeve, lace blouse from H&M (5 bucks on sale, holler!), a gray asymmetrical sweater from F21 years ago, and on oversized blazer (thrifted). I'll wear this outfit again and when I do, I'll take a picture. So I realize that wearing nude under lace is an open invitation for curious glances. Okay. But the look of unabashed concern on some of these people's faces! As if they wanted to either run away in embarrassment or tell me I forgot my bra. This is San Francisco! A city where hairless men walk around in the Castro wearing assless leather chaps. You'd think my optical illusion of an outfit would be old hat. Not only that, but do I look like I'm trying to get arrested for public nudity? Curiouser and curiouser. I will say that however controversial, this is not one of my more dangerous outfits. I finally had to retire my "Hugs For Sale" T-Shirt. 99% of the time I forgot I was wearing it, so when perfect strangers would approach me and say "how much?" my offense would be so great I would have to resist the urge to slap them across the face. I am not a lady of the night! Barely avoided many an assault lawsuit. But until someone says "nice boobs" to me while I'm wearing this outfit, I shall continue rockin' it. 

Today was my last day of class for the week (4 day weekend, people) and the combination of 3 hour long back-to-back night classes and working every spare minute has resulted in a bone-breaking exhaustion. It's gotten to the point where on Tuesday I left my class early for fear of yelling in my sleep. I could not for the life of me stay away awake and was honestly concerned that I would start yelling at the professor during her lecture. She makes it hard to stay awake regardless of my massive sleep deficit, being that she looks like a legless deer in the headlights. I sympathize because of course she's nervous. She's a new teacher (for the record, I'm not a fan of getting young inexperienced professors) and our education is in her hands. But that's just it, our education is in her hands! If she goes down, we all go down. No pressure. But I digress. Even though I'm running on fumes and most likely hallucinating the majority of the time, I'm really enjoying myself. I actually feel productive and active. I feel like wheels are starting to turn and things are starting to happen. Not necessarily because of the specific job I have or the specific classes I'm taking, but because I've opened myself up. Everything is falling into place, like a game of tetris. Minus the impending doom of the tiles touching the top. You get what I mean. I need to sleep now, before I pass out on my keyboard. Goodnight all!

-LG

PS all I was gonna say about my friggin hair is that lately it seems to have lost a lot of the body it had when it was much longer, making it fine and slippery. On top of that, my bobby pins (which are more valuable than gold to me) have also lost their previous gusto for holding my hair in place just so. It would appear that bobby pins can wear out. I didn't know this until today when my slippery, fine hair continued to fall out of my lackluster bobby pins. I mean I knew that bobby pins can get stretched out in the sense that they're just a giant "V". But apparently they can get loose as well. It's kind of hard to describe. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. 

PSS I said "bobby pins" 4 times in that one paragraph. I am impressed.

1 comment: