1.09.2011

Yulia Brodskaya.



Let me just say that this woman is amazing and if I had half of her patience I would be a lucky girl. She hails from Russia and has made quite the name for herself internationally. In addition to her work in typography, she is an amazing paper craftswoman. The above pictures are examples of quilling, which is a skill I've lusted after since first seeing her work a month ago. In my searches for more quilling like hers I came up empty handed. In comparison to what I found on the internet, her work is incredibly modern. But regardless of style, it's the kind of thing that takes immense patience and the ability to actually finish the projects you start. Ideally these qualities would osmose through my skin simply by staring at her work. But this is not an ideal world, so "finding my patience" and "finishing my projects" have officially made my list of Things-To-Do-In-2011. 

See more of her work here.

(Pictures from Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment