1.09.2011

T-Shirt Tiiime.

Do excuse the rather frequent posting at the moment, but I'm trying to put some meat on the bones of this blog! For Christmas I wanted to make a one-of-a-kind gift that the recipient couldn't get anywhere else. What better way to say "Merry Christmas" than through a screen printed T-Shirt with Obi Wan Kenobi's face on it? Originally I was going to treat it as an experimental project since I had never made a T-Shirt before. But seeing as I didn't have any screening material (turns out this is a pretty crucial element) I went with the stencil method. And if I do say so myself, it is a pretty bangin' shirt, especially for a first try.

If anybody is interested in a tutorial just let me know! It's super easy, minimally messy, and clean-up is a breeze. That may be dependent on what ink you're using. Anyway, now that I've done one I find myself designing one about every five minutes in my head.

Note: The smudges and imperfections in the lettering were not intentional but I actually ended up liking it better that way. Plus they add a certain edginess to Obi Wan that he was missing before. If a tutorial is requested, I'll include how to avoid the bleeding and whatnot.

If anybody likes what they see and would like to commission a T-Shirt just send me an email and we can work out the details!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment