1.13.2011

Eager Beaver.

I've already chopped up the Police T-Shirt. It's cropped in front and long in back. I have drawn up a very complicated computer sketch of what the T-Shirt looks like:

I know, it's shocking how good that is. Anyway, I thought "hey why not make it a tutorial!" So folks, get ready for world's easiest T-Shirt tutorial! Not easy because I'm a genius at making things easy for all. Easy because I barely did anything to it. Moving on!

Step 1: Remove collar. What you want your neckline to look like is up to you. I've had multiple bad experiences where I've taken too many liberties in the collar department and ruined shirts. So this time I stuck to just cutting along the seam.

Step 2: Repeat step one on bottom of T-Shirt

Step 3: Mark out on the front of the shirt how high you would like it to be. From that point, slope down to the corners of the shirt, marking with pins or chalk as you go. Make sure it's as even as possible.
(In this picture it's already cut but just pretend it's not)


Step 4: Cut along the line you marked. Remember DO NOT CUT THE BACK PANEL! I know, duh, right? Wrong. I almost cut the back. Because it is 2am and mistakes happen at such an hour.


Step 5: Turn shirt so that the side seam ("line" where a side seam would be) is facing up.


Step 6: You need to eliminate that crazy point on the side. Using pins or chalk, mark a line that makes the front slope a continuous line to the back panel. The line shouldn't need to be too big but this depends on the size of the shirt and how much you've cropped in relation to how much length you've left.


Step 7: Cut along that line, making sure that there are no longer any points. This may require using your scissors to round out any existing corners. Repeat on other side.


Step 8: Remove the sleeve rings. The sleeve collars. Whatever you want to call them. This depends on how long your sleeves are and how long you want them to be. If you don't want them any shorter, don't cut these off. Keep in mind that the shorter the sleeve, the more likely it will be to stick straight out rather than following the line of your arm, a la Gaga:


Except on a T-Shirt this look says "biker gang" rather than "high fashion". 
But that's it, all done!




 Easiest tutorial ever! I'll work my way up to more difficult tasks, I promise. Enjoy your tee!

PS I apologize for the terrible quality of pictures. Note to all of those people considering the iPhone: don't get it. The crappy camera is just one of my many complaints. Anyway, I'm working on getting a big girl camera.

-LG






No comments:

Post a Comment