1.10.2011

Curate.

I've been experiencing a bit of a transformation lately. I've found myself wanting nothing more than to dive straight into all of the things I'm passionate about. For way too long I've just been tiptoeing around them and staring at them like they're pieces in a museum. But the past few months has seen a change in me that's been 100% positive. My wallet would disagree with me on that. And I've always had a strange relationship with money. I'm frugal and spending money makes me uncomfortable, but this transformation has come with a lot of spending and so I keep feeling the need to justify my spending to myself. My justification is also my philosophy about clothing and fashion: it makes an individual a walking piece of art. Yes, clothes are material objects. But so is an original Monet. Fashion is like getting to wear that Monet on your body and say "this is what I love, this is who I am today". Because of this I see nothing wrong with expressing myself through what I wear. And I see nothing wrong with wearing a floral dress one day and dark, angular clothes the next. I am many, many things and want to express them all.

This is going to be a year of self exploration and discovery. I'm going to FORCE myself to draw/paint/sew at least a few times a week if not every day, even if I am not in the mood. I'm going to FORCE myself to explore the depths of my closet and utilize pieces I forgot I even had. I'm going to explore and appreciate my city and seek out like minded people. I'm going to start being honest with myself about what I want and who I am and I'm going to let myself be everything that I am. And I'm not going to be afraid to put myself out there! Here's to 2011!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment