2.20.2011

Concrete Feet.

Hello there, all. Sorry for the few days without posts. It's been a very busy weekend and, long story short, I am exhausted.

I've been feeling discouraged lately, like I've lost a great deal of the momentum that I started the year with. This decision to take time off school has me incredibly impatient for this semester to end and I'm finding it more and more difficult to keep myself motivated and moving. I'm walking through quicksand, folks. I know that it's only 3 months til freedom but those 3 months feel like an eternity right now. I'm trying to keep myself positive by thinking about the good things to come. And days like today help a great deal! I spent the day with a friend of mine wandering around neighborhoods I've never visited before. I was able to scratch a few shops off my Mission District list, and tomorrow I'll write up my reviews of the places we stopped in to! I'm wishing I had gone last month, however. I don't know if I've said this already, but I got through spending phases. The majority of the time, I'm frugal with my money and avoid shopping. Then for a period of around two weeks or so, I'll enter a spending phase. My money burns a hole in my pocket and I can't resist. This time around, my shopping phase lasted a great deal longer than a few weeks. It was more like a month and a half. But I've been realizing over the course of the past week or so that I'm coming down from my shopping high. This is a good thing, of course. I can rest easy when I go out, knowing that I'm not spending my future children's college fund. However, I would have enjoyed the establishments a little bit more had I been in a spending mood. That being said, I did come away with a new top! And it is not gray, my friends. No siree bob. It is magenta. Fuchsia. The brightest pink I have ever owned in all my days. And I cannot wait to wear it in the summer sunshine while doing absolutely nothing of importance. I know I was talking about being excited for Spring, but now I can't wait for Summer. Anyway, I'll post a picture of it along with my store reviews!

In other news, I had two cups of coffee today within a few hours of each other and that was a mistake. I feel jittery, light headed, and nauseous. Ah the joys of discovering one's limits to caffeine. It's a magical time, let me just tell you.

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment