2.02.2011

Fail.

So I tried to post this from my phone today since I was informed by Blogger that this was possible, and it FAILED! So here goes again. I had work today from 8 to 12 and it was my second to last day. 'Tis bittersweet, since I hate being so tired but I really like the job and the people I work with. The bookstore got completely renovated over the Christmas break and today the corporate bigwigs came in to check it out. As I thought they had come yesterday after I was off, I didn't dress to impress, if you will. I looked a bit like a golfer. They're from the midwest, so I'm hoping they could appreciate a little SF flare.

My pants stretched out to the point of being awkward in appearance so I changed before heading to class.



Lookin a little demonic in the eyes. Do excuse.


The ever crucial side view, purse included. Here's what I would look like if, while walking, I passed you perpendicularly. In case you were wondering. Except I probably wouldn't be looking at you like that. Or snapping your picture.

Wearing: F21 maxi dress, necklace, and ring, H&M lace blouse, Sparkle and Fade sweater (gee Lauren, do you own any other articles of clothing, or...?), fleather jacket, thrifted purse originally from Coldwater Creek.

It's a tad difficult to see in these pictures, but I originally left my apartment wearing socks under tights, and a pair of thrifted loafers. They're about a half size too big for me (hence the socks. Which didn't work) but I figured, why not? The end result was one of Amish modesty and I got 1/3 of the way to class before turning around and going back home to take off the tights and socks and change shoes. There was just waaay too much weirdness going on. The wind had been blowing, which was making the jersey dress stick to the tights, and the tight/loafer combo just was not working with a maxi, plus the shoes were slipping off which made me walk like a duck. Long story short, I made it to class on time in a pair of maroon sandles. Anyway, I like this outfit because of all the different textures: jersey, lace, leather, and a knit. Plus my jewelry adds some mineral action, even if both pieces are fake. 

On my way to work this morning, I took a different route across the USF campus and stumbled upon these amazing...flowers? Bushes? Specimens of vegetation? They look like cabbage flowers and they very well might be but regardless (a rose by any other name, after all), their colors are breathtaking. I'm not sure how they would look in full on sun, but the soft morning light really brings out the smoky purples and greens.




The colors are much more vivid in person and I'm about to throw every piece of technology I own out the window because even the simple task of enhancing the colors doesn't seem possible! Not to say that I didn't enhance them, because I did. But my computer likes to disregard this and post the somewhat watered down version instead. Not sure what the eff that's about. But the colors are still rather pretty this way so I can't complain too much. 

And now it is time to read for class tomorrow. I left astronomy early to give myself extra time for homework and look how I use it. Typical. 

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment