2.03.2011

Duncan Hall.

Pretty recently I stumbled across Duncan Hall, a San Francisco photographer. I asked him if he would be willing to answer a few questions and let me show his work here because it is beautiful and needs to be shared. I'm only going to include a few pictures because I want you all to go to his page and see the rest! Without further ado, please welcome Duncan Hall!



Age: 26

Student at: Dropped out of Sarah Lawrence



When did you first discover photography?: I bought a digital camera about two years ago to take snapshots, and I realized that I enjoyed the process of making photos and shooting people, so I decided not to stop.

Where does your inspiration come from?: All over the place. Movies, mostly. I like the idea of suspending a moment of a scene versus creating a single shot.


What is your current project?: Adverse emotions are really interesting me right now, like isolation, sadness, madness. I'm also shooting a lot of stuff focused on acts of sexual repression.

Where do you hope to be in 5 years?: Driving around the country shooting crazy shit.



I'm really looking forward to him adding more photos to his online portfolio. We seem to share a similar aesthetic and I could look at his work all day. Please go to his site and check out the rest of his portfolio!

No comments:

Post a Comment