2.23.2011

Mea Culpa.

Apologies, all, for the delay on oh so many things! I would do it right now, but roomie and I decided to paint our apartment today and managed to do the whole first coat in 4 hours time! How speedy are we. Granted, we had some help from her boyfriend. But either way, I am exhausted. Painting really takes it out of you, I'll tell you what. Plus my hands are cramped and blistery and I'm still covered in dried paint. I'll do a Before and After post once we get the second coat on and jazz up the decor. We're going for a modern twist on an East Indian theme.


I pulled this inspiration photo from Rang Decor, an interior design blog that focuses primarily on Indian decor. We won't go so literal, however. The focus will be more on the bold jewel tones and metallics, which we'll pull in through pillows, throws, frames, wall art, and rugs. It's going to be an awesome change from the stark white we had going on before. The first coat alone is already making it feel homier and warmer. I can't wait to share the end product!

I'm going to do my darndest to post tomorrow with reviews, pictures of my new purchases/future DIY's (that I'm super excited about), and a few thrifting guidelines that you all might find helpful. Tomorrow will consist of work, more painting, class, and then catching you all up! I mean it this time! I have most of the reviews written up already, but I'm trying to pull together some decent photos of the various establishments online, and I still need to photograph my latest thrifting finds in the natural light of day. And on that note I must sign off, as I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. Goodnight, all, and happy Hump Day!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment