2.28.2011

Stupes.

I'm thinking of doing a semi-regular segment called "This Is Stupid". I'll start it tonight.


"Alright guys, our new print ad. Any ideas?"
"How about a chic, urban woman-you know, heels, dress, hair, the whole nine yards. Only get this...she's holding a surfboard. Boom."
"Brilliant. Let's do it."
No, not brilliant. It's obvious and uninspired. This is stupid. 


She's holding a ukulele in the middle of the flippin desert. What the eff. I realize that the other few pictures that make up this particular campaign pull it all together (she's on vacation or something). But I'm of the opinion that editorials, or a series of print ads, need to make sense both as a series and as individual images, so that obnoxious people like me can't look at one picture and say "This is stupid". However, it is. This is stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment