2.07.2011

Creamsicle.

I was walking through Lucky's after work and saw orange hydrangeas for the first time. First of all, how have I gone 19 years without seeing these beauties? Second of all, if I thought I had spring fever before, now it's ten times worse.




They are so fresh and bright and suddenly I want to find orange articles of clothing. Which is actually making me kick myself because there was a sweater from H&M that is PERFECT for spring that I decided not to get at the last minute and guess what color it had in it? Orange. And cream. And it was soft and pretty and flowy and what the eff is my problem! This is buyer's remorse in reverse, people.

I have an outfit post for the day. I was burning up on the way to work since I didn't have to leave my place until 10:30 and it was 70 degrees out but once I was in the store it was fine. I do a lot of standing around as cashier so I'm not working up too much of a sweat.




Wearing: The H&M sweater that I did end up buying that day, new jeggings from Target, BCBGeneration boots, thrifted purse, F21 necklace

First let me just profess my love for my new pants. I got them yesterday and they are nearly perfect. For one, they are tight. I like my pants to fit like a glove to my legs and for the most part these bad boys do just that. Two, they are long. It is nearly impossible for me to find jeans that are long enough for my legs (I have high hips) and these are more than sufficient in that department. Three, they have belt loops. This is crucial since I can't wear pants without a belt. I wish I could but I am not one of those lucky individuals. Four, they have a button and back pockets. This makes them more jean than legging, which I prefer since I find jeans much more flattering on me. The back pockets also allow for phone storage. All in all, a great success. And after wearing them for 12 hours, they have yet to get stretched out and baggy. Perhaps this next comment will sound a bit vapid, but a good pair of pants can really brighten my day. 
 
I thought I would do a quick makeup post since I've made some new purchases recently and so far I'm very pleased with all of them! The biggest one, for me anyway, was buying liquid foundation. I've never worn face makeup with the exception of pressed powder for my eye area as a means to keep my eye makeup in place. But over the past few months I've been developing a desire to cultivate my preening skills and step up into the big leagues of makeup. I've avoided it because I'm afraid of looking like a clown. But I "put on my face" for the first time today and I think it turned out pretty darn good! I'm using  Covergirl Clean Oil Control in Medium Light and it's very lightweight. In the store I tested it on my hand to see if it was a good color match but I read today in Glamour that it's better to test it out on your jaw line in natural light, if possible. If it matches without you having to blend it in, then it's the right color for you. Luckily my hand and face match pretty well right now being that it's winter and I'm basically pale all over.


I've also started using a new face wash. Before I was just using Dove bar soap to wash my face but apparently my body chemistry isn't what it once was and the soap was no longer cutting it. I always get so annoyed with face washes, though, because they always advise against washing your "sensitive eye area" with it, which completely defeats the purpose for me since my biggest reason for washing my face is to wash off my eye makeup. Just as I was about to storm out of the store, I saw Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover (cue the choir of angels). AND it smells delicious. My face is super soft from it and it's gentle enough for my skin, which is incredibly sensitive and high maintenance.


For my eyes, I'm really big on natural looking definition. When Chelsea was here she introduced me to her friggin awesome Maybelline eyeliner. It's not a liquid/gel, but it's not a pencil either. I just conferred with my roomie and we agree that it has the consistency of wet clay. That doesn't sound good, but trust me it is. It comes in black, brown, and purple (I think). I went with brown because black eyeliner tends to look too heavy on me and makes me look tired. Moral of the story: buy some.


If anyone asked me what item of makeup I couldn't live without, it would be mascara. I wear Maybelline Falsies. Not waterproof, that stuff isn't good for you. If you think you're going to be crying or something, just don't apply it to your bottom lashes. Anyway, some people have told me that they find this kind a tad too runny but I would have to disagree. I only have to use one coat, which I like.


I've been experimenting with my shadows a lot lately, as well, so I'm thinking maybe I'll do a tutorial of sorts, perhaps this weekend. I'm a novice, so I'm probably doing everything backwards and inside out but whatever! Anyway, that concludes my product placement for the evening! I hope this was helpful/enjoyable/tolerable for everyone. If this was horrible/boring/annoying please let me know so that I can avoid it in the future!

As far as "the Big Break" goes, a verdict has been reached by the people upstairs (aka my parents) and I have their approval. Now all that's left is for me to come to a decision. I'm obviously leaning toward yes but I have some time to figure it out. My only concern at the moment is the process of re-entering State after being out for a year. Does it require that I apply all over again? Would I be considered a transfer student? So I'll have to meet with a counselor. I will continue to update you all about this as things happen. Oh and I have one to add to my list: actually do a number of the projects I have set aside to complete! With that I am signing off. I've gotten nothing school related done today and have to wake up at 5:30. Goodnight!

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment