3.16.2011

About Damn Time.

Alright! As promised, here are the pictures. But first let me just give you another example of how stupid I am. A few days ago, when I took the pictures, I borrowed my other roommate's camera. It, too, only has a memory card and no USB chord, so once again I was in need of either a card reader or a laptop with a card reader. Along with her camera, roomie let me borrow a flash drive. Sweet! I didn't examine it very closely until today. Turns out, the flash drive is also a card reader. First of all, how awesome is that?! It's two awesome, convenient things in one. Doubly awesome and convenient. Second of all, how stupid am I? If I had just looked at the flash drive, I could have had these pictures posted a few days ago. So I apologize for being such an idiot.

Top: Worthington. Shorts: Seta Studio.
If you look closely, you can see that my armpits aren't shaven. So hot right now. 



Dress: Audrey 3+1 
My boob region looks kind of crazy in this picture. It's reminiscent of Mrs. Doubtfire. 
 This dress is sinfully short. Like it shouldn't even be a dress. But it's frickin adorable, it was on sale, and I have a pair of gray tights that I suspect would look very cute with it. However, I must admit, the shortness was one of the things that drew me to it. It's a general rule that you should pick a feature to showcase. Your shoulders, your arms, your cleavage (tastefully, of course), your back, etc. Then keep the rest of the ensemble relatively demure to really do justice to said feature, and to leave more to the imagination. So I love the fact that everything is covered except for the legs. I also love the mod shape. Shift dresses are some of my all time favorite dresses for a few reasons. One, I love the era they came out of. Midcentury design is fantastic. Two, they remind me of the 20's and 30's, and the boyish cut of women's clothing. It represented a new freedom for women in that they could deny the prescriptions of femininity of the time. And third, as I stated above, the loose fit over the curves of the body bring all the focus to one's legs, which is just the right amount of sexy and sophisticated. Unfortunately, there are small tears on both the left and right side of the hem. You can kind of see the snag on the right side. It's easily fixed though, and the shop keeper took a percentage off the price for the damage. Woot.

Top: Solemio. Pants: Collective Concepts 
 This particular outfit was difficult to photograph as the trousers are black and have an awkward silhouette with the flash on. My dad would call them MC Hammer pants, and by that he means harem pants. Which should tell you that they are neither MC Hammer pants nor harem pants. They're simply tapered at the ankle, and have an elastic waistband. They're the same cut as my black and white trousers from this post. Plus they have pockets, which is a godsend. I have limbs of simian proportions. They're long and gangly and I generally have nowhere to put them. They're convenient on, say, the bus when I need to reach over shorter individuals to hold on to the bar. But in everyday conversation they feel awkward and excessive. I usually cross my arms, but so many times I get told that my body language is unfriendly and closed-off. You try having such long appendages, you bastards! You know how weird it would look if I just let them hang down by my sides! Anyhow, on to the shirt. It's short and ruffled and chiffon and basically it's adorable and I can't wait to wear it all summer. What more can I say?

Dress: Mystic
I had to lighten this picture up a bit since the whole point was for you to be able to see the draping on the side. I'm obsessed. Except I'm torn on the length. I didn't take a front-view picture, but it's a tad awkward. It's sliiightly too long, too wide, and straight across the bottom. I either want to shorten it a smidge, making it tighter in the process, or I want to create another tuck on one of the sides, thereby continuing the line of the side draping, making it asymmetrical, and tightening it a tad. I can also picture this as a full length dress and wow how gorgeous would that be? Obviously it wouldn't be an everyday dress if it were velvet but in another fabric perhaps. It would be straight out of the 1930's. I can see the costume jewelry now. I drool. It's a one shoulder dress and falls straight down the sides until it hits the drop-waist draping on both sides.

The shoes I'm wearing in all the pictures are my Steve Maddens, also worn in this post.

Coming up next: my plans for tomorrow and what I'll be crafting on Saturday!

-LG

PS Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment