3.15.2011

Sheesh.

I have such silliness to report. So I fiiiinally got around to photographing the coral shorts and the other recent purchases I made last week by borrowing roomie's camera. Before borrowing, I asked her if it had a USB chord for it. Nope, just the memory card. I just assumed (and you know what they say about assuming...*) that that meant her computer has a built in card reader and that I could then just use a flash drive to transfer the pictures from her laptop to mine. False false false. But I didn't know all of this until after the pictures were taken. And my computer also does not contain a card reader. SO. This is all to say that A) I am an idiot and B) I still don't have any pictures for you. My other roommate happens to be equipped with an up-to-date macbook with-you guessed it-a card reader. I will either pester her for her computer before the week is up, or I will take the memory card with me on my short jaunt home this weekend. I am going home because Chelsea is on her spring break and we have one magical night together. We're planning on crafting! So far we have a lot of ambitious plans and not enough time to complete them all. But the one that I really want to make is one that I've had on my list for almost a year now.

Bam. Look at those beauties. The problem is, you're supposed to let them dry for 48 hours. So I'm thinking I'm gonna have to rethink my craft choice. Tis a shame. However, I do have all the materials for it and it is one of the easiest things I've seen to make. So if not this weekend, then hopefully sometime soon. You can find the full tutorial here
Once I figure out what I'm really going to be making on Saturday, I'll let you know.

In other news, I'm going to the florists tomorrow to discuss sister's wedding flowers! I'll just be getting estimates and asking general questions, and I'm gonna call first to make sure that they welcome walk-ins like this. But either way I am beyond excited. Then on Thursday I'm making a trip to the Mission to visit an excellent discount fabric store to get the last of the color swatches for her wedding colors. We did, in fact, make that trip to Britex on Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure if I've mentioned already that Britex is high end. I mean the gourmet of fabric. A half-yard of a particular fabric that sister was keen on cost $50. A half-yard! That's insane! Needless to say we did not purchase it. But we did manage to find some foundation colors and hopefully my second trip to the fabric store will round off the full color palette. I am also crazy excited for this. First of all, I love fabric stores. I always have. Second of all, it's cheap there. I mean I don't have a huge amount of experience with fabrics and how much they cost, but I know a cheap price when I see one. Third of all, with our apartment revamping we're planning on using fabric wall hangings to fill the large, empty spaces on our walls. It's a cheaper method for those of you on a budget, and they're much more lightweight. At the moment we have a large frame for the fabric to be stretched over, but no fabric to be stretched. I'm hoping to find something suitable while I'm in there and I'm pretty confident that I will. Oh and fourth of all, I love the neighborhood and plan on getting some coffee while I'm there. Perhaps I'll go early and get breakfast, you just never know with Thursdays.

On a final note, this spring forward business is really throwing me for a loop. Apparently it's 12:46 right now. It's supposed to be 11:46. I am not pleased. I like that it's lighter longer, but I do not like that I wake up "an hour early" now, as my body clock has yet to adjust to this lunacy. But I am a slave to my alarm and right now it's telling me that I have to wake up in 6 hours.  So for now, toodles, and I am sorry again for my photo failures!

-LK

*It makes an ass out of you and me. If you didn't know what I meant, get with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment