3.08.2011

Jerry Uelsmann.

My preferred style of art is surrealism, and this includes photography. My favorite photographer to date is Jerry Uelsmann, who makes composite photographs. This was one of my favorite things experimenting with in the darkroom and I even had a success or two. Nothing compared to his work, obviously.




















These photos make me want to get back into the darkroom so. Bad. I literally cannot wait to take photo again. The community college in my hometown was begging for photo students because there weren't enough to fill the class. I have no idea what that feels like. At State it's a fight to the death for classes, and the art classes are the first to fill. There's no way in hell I could get into one, especially as a Sophomore. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no. Not even sexual favors can remedy this situation. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is yes. I've asked.

OH MY GOD JUST KIDDING I TOTALLY HAD YOU GOING THERE FOR A SECOND!

Anyway, if you didn't notice yourself already, basically all of these pictures include trees. I am quite enamored with trees, and good ol' Jerry does trees so very well. I can't pick a favorite. In each photograph he creates a world, all of which I would love to live in.  

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment