3.10.2011

Wrapped In Fog.

My mind is feeling very shrouded these days. My ability to focus on the day at hand is nonexistent, especially since I just looked at the classes that City College of San Francisco offers. In a nutshell, everything I want to learn during my year off with the exception of only a few things. I just went from excited to infuriatingly impatient! The weeks do go by quickly, however, as it as already Thursday and therefore the start of my weekend. I like how I say that. Weekend. As though my week is jam packed with being busy and tasks and classes and it's the weekend when I can finally relax. For the record my life looks nothing like that. With the exception of work and the occasional class (if I'm in the mood to go), my time is mostly spent day dreaming and waiting. I've spent a lot of my years waiting for something. I think my recent raging impatience comes from the knowledge that that something big is very near on the horizon. As for not being all that busy, I want to be busy! I can't wait for the day when the job that I love, that I've wanted for years (whatever that turns out to be) keeps me going for hours on end. When I'm doing something that I enjoy, something that keeps me stimulated, something that challenges me, I'm a work horse. I don't like long periods of doing nothing because it's harder to appreciate relaxation. It takes being back breakingly exhausted to really appreciate sleep. It takes periods of sadness to really appreciate happy moments. Likewise, it takes long periods of work to appreciate those moments of relaxation. And while the only thing I want right this moment is hot sun, waves, and nothing weighing my mind down, I know that after a few weeks of summer I'll be impatient to get back into the thick of things. That's how I've always been. Which is why I'm so excited to cram my days full of new, exciting activities come the end of summer. I'm preparing to leave the road I've been on for 19 years and explore the deer trails through the forest. It's scary and unlike anything I've ever done. That's how I know it's going to be amazing.

I have an outfit from Monday that went over quite well at work. A coworker even said "you look like a woman". I'm not sure what I look like otherwise, but I took it as a compliment. You won't believe me when I say this, but over the course of the last week my phone camera has gone from "unclear" to "completely blurry and speckled with large black spots". So I hope you enjoy these pictures. This may be more of an interpretive exercise. "What do you see in the picture?" "I see...shapes...is that an arm? No. Wait. Is that even a person?". It'll go something like that. Akin to looking at a sonogram.





Thrifted blazer. Thrifted sequin sweater. F21 necklace. Target jeggings. BCBGeneration boots. 

I've been wearing these boots to death. They're the easiest shoes I have, they go with a plethora of outfits and styles, I can wear them if it rains, they're comfortable, and I can wear them for long periods of time at work without my feet protesting. As for the fabulous sequin sweater, Monday was the first time I wore it casually. I usually dress it up. For my dads birthday two years ago I wore it with a pair of bright purple, thrifted suede heels. They came straight out of my future 80 year old self's closet. But I love making it a casual piece to an outfit. It's an accessory in and of itself. Before going to work I ended up switching the necklace for my big, black earrings since I wear an apron at work. Overall it was a good look and I'll for sure be repeating it. 

-LG

2 comments:

  1. I just spent the last hour pouring over your blog. I have two short people that need a lot of attention, so I didn't read every word, but I at least skimmed every post. I ate up your observations, and drank in your incredible art work and style.
    Now? Now I'm depressed that 1. I am no longer an adorable 19 year old living in an amazing city. and 2. That I don't see more of you and your sisters.

    KEEP BLOGGING!
    I want to live vicariously through your work.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I, too, spend hours reading all of your old posts and had to stop reading during class as I was laughing disruptively. But I am thinking we need some kind of family reunion something fierce.

    ReplyDelete