3.22.2011

Wired.

So last Friday at work I was faced with another 8 hour shift of standing. And dancing, of course. I dance frequently while at work. What kind of moves do I bust out behind the register, you ask? Oh the usual. Party-boying on my coworkers, the robot, some moves I learned while popping my Just Dance cherry over the weekend...Anyway, as I was saying, there's nothing to do at work. But on Friday my manager brought out a box full of outdated calendars and planners that needed to be recycled. We then spent the next few hours removing the metal, spiral binding. And it hit me. Whoa there, Lauren, a ridiculous amount of free wire? Something that you've been meaning to buy? Yeah, take that. So I did. Now I have a massive ball of spiral wire in a bag and I cannot wait to make it into my first piece of 3D art! I know it would be totally and completely cliche for me to make a letter or symbol (@, &, !, etc) but I mean, come on. They're awesome! So if you find me tired, cliche, and lacking all creativity, shut it. I like letters. Mkay? So right now I'm trying to decide what exactly I shall make. I could, of course, make a giant "L", which would obviously be fabulous. But I have pesky roommates with names that start with letters other than "L" so there goes that idea. Anyhow, I'll let you know what I decide!


-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment