3.24.2011

Lay Lady Lay.


Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Whatever colors you have in your mind
I’ll show them to you and you’ll see them shine

Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Stay, lady, stay, stay with your man awhile
Until the break of day, let me see you make him smile
His clothes are dirty but his hands are clean
And you’re the best thing that he’s ever seen

Stay, lady, stay, stay with your man awhile
Why wait any longer for the world to begin
You can have your cake and eat it too
Why wait any longer for the one you love
When he’s standing in front of you

Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Stay, lady, stay, stay while the night is still ahead
I long to see you in the morning light
I long to reach for you in the night
Stay, lady, stay, stay while the night is still ahead.

This is and has always been one of my favorite Bob Dylan songs. It's so serene, and makes me think of lazy, spring Sunday mornings. I was pokin' around Apartment Therapy today and came across a post that made me think of this song.  

I feel like this is the room you escape to to start over. It's sparse and clean with nothing to distract you. It reminds me of last summer and has me even more impatient for this summer to start. 


I've always wanted a wall of books, a slanted ceiling, and hydrangeas surrounding me. All in one room? I didn't know such a magical place existed! 


When I was a kid I was the fort queen. The things I could do with a set of sheets and some push pins...And the best was when I had my bunk bed all to myself. The top bunk was my lounge, if you will.  My VIP toys hung out there and it's where we would go to get away from the stresses of elementary school life. But the bottom bunk was my cave. I always had blankets and curtains hanging down, and while it was nothing quite as beautiful as this, I'm still reminded of my curtain adventures and look forward to the day when I have my own room again and can go curtain crazy. 


 I am head over heels for this room. It's a perfect mixture of soft and industrial elements, and the painted white floors are so dreamy. And I am loving the use of a metal trashcan for a bedside table. It's definitely one of the best repurposes I've ever seen and makes me say "Why didn't I think of that!" I'm very inclined to try this out someday.

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment