3.22.2011

Winter.

Every winter I say "I need to actually buy some warm clothes". You see, I'm a layer-er by nature. I pack 'em on either until I'm warm enough or until I can't move. Whichever comes first. And every time I go shopping, I find myself buying items that will not keep me warm. Not even if I layer. My lack of warm jackets also applies to my fancier ensembles. I don't have anything appropriate for wearing over nice dresses, or appropriate for nice places. Granted, I'm not finding myself in upscale restaurants every weekend, and so the matter hasn't been all that pressing. But now! Now I could be in a fancy restaurant every weekend if I damn well wanted to, and I'll tell you why. 100% cashmere, baby. Nobody has to know it only cost me $13.


I was channeling the 60's with my bouffant and makeup. I recently bought a nude lipstick by Nars (belle du jour) and today I patted some coral eyeshadow over the top for a pale pink.




The lining of this coat is one of my favorite parts. It's the perfect color, and oh so deliciously silky.

Wow Lauren, that is one awkward garment. Thank you, I'm aware. I plan on taking in the sleeves (they were made to acomodate some of the largest shoulder pads I've ever seen), and hemming it quite a bit. I haven't really decided on the neckline yet, so we'll see what happens there. 
PS I think if we all just ignore the awkwardness of this shot as a whole we'll all be happier for it.

And last but not least, the item that will have me jazzed for the rest of the day! No, the week! I did the frickin blanket coat DIY in less than 60 seconds and sweet Jesus am I happy. It is literally the perfect item for me. I don't know how many times a day I say that I wish I could wear a blanket at all times. Now I can. AND use my arms at the same time. Oh my god, it's like a backward snuggy...


And to make up for the face above... 
...serious face. It's hard to have a serious face with this beauty on because it has me SO excited. And here's another awesome little fun fact: there are about a million different ways you can wear it/clasp it. So now you see why I'm pissed that I misplaced my kilt clips, because blanket coat is currently claspless. That's okay though, because it is not awesomeless. 

And there you have my thrift purchases. Up next is what I'll be crafting very soon!

-LK 

No comments:

Post a Comment