3.06.2011

Pop A Squat.

I know yesterday I said to expect a review from somewhere I've never been before, and I'm sorry to tell you that I can't deliver that to you. Not completely, anyway. You see, our original birthday plans included going to Britex to find fabric swatches for her wedding colors. It would seem, however, that nobody checked Britex's hours of operation. They're closed Sundays! This was discovered at 10:30 last night. Better late than...well, better late. Because Britex is downtown/in the financial district, I suggested that I find a different neighborhood for us to enjoy our lunch. While I love the financial district, it doesn't lend itself to quaint, charming ambiance. And as I've said before, ambiance is essential to the women in my family. Now the pressure was on to find the perfect place that could satisfy all 4 of us, 3 of whom are gluten intolerant. After cruising Yelp for hours (this is not even an exaggeration. I went to sleep at 3:30), I finally decided on Squat & Gobble on Chestnut street up in the Marina district. I've been to Squat & Gobble, but not this location so TECHNICALLY I didn't fail completely. Today's gray and rainy weather couldn't have detracted from Chestnut's charm if it wanted to, and this particular S&G is even better than the one in West Portal. As far as the food and prices go, it's the same. The food is delicious and the portions are large. I'm still unpleasantly full 5 hours later, if that gives you an idea. But the decor on Chestnut was much warmer, and it had a few long dining tables which I love. It's known for being a creperie, but they also have sandwiches, pastas, salads, omelettes, and other such breakfast foods. I ordered the South of the Border omelette, with jack cheese, black beans, salsa, sour cream, avocado, and I think tomato. It was delicious! Which is why I ate the whole thing and now I wanna pop. It came with a side of rosemary potatoes. Also delicious.


Neither of my sisters brought their cameras, so unfortunately this was the only photo documentation of the meal. I know. I suck at life. Anyway, there are multiple S&G locations throughout the city so look it up and go pop a squat! One of these days I'm gonna try a crepe. It's hard to believe that I've never had one even though I live in a city with a creperie on every corner. I would write more, I swear I would, but the mere thought of food is making me rather ill so I'll be ending this a little prematurely.

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment