3.05.2011

Ha!

I've done it! I cut into the coral pants. No hesitation, just scissors. I'll tell you the whole story, as it includes a precious little anecdote about my lack of an iron.

We had our first soccer game today, and although we lost 3 to 6, it was still wonderous fun! Fun in an "I'm seeing double and my throat is closing up, holy crap my legs are buckling under me why the hell won't coach sub me" kind of way. You see, roomie and I are the youngest on the team. By a couple of decades, mind you. There are a considerable amount of players aged in between of course, but this age difference puts us at a severe disadvantage. We've been dubbed "The Young Ones" by our team members, which is all well and good until we've played a straight hour and a half of soccer and we're hallucinating from heat, dehydration, and exhaustion. To fill you in, I haven't played soccer in about 3 years now, and in those 3 years I've done little to no exercise. It has taken it's toll. My feet are crippled from a field of pot holes, my face is burnt, and I feel like I have the body of an 80 year old war veteran.

All joking aside, today was amazing. I adore my quirky team and the fact that another team offered us jell-o shots after our game (at noon. That's how we do in SF), and I have missed soccer so much. There's nothing like it. But I am so. Frickin. Tired. After laying around on the couch for a few hours, I showered, did my hair and makeup, and got out my fabric scissors. I find that it's much easier for me to be productive when I'm fully dressed and made-up. Anyway, at first I was toying with the idea of turning them into a tapered trouser but that would be way more work than just cutting them and hemming them. Not to mention hugely unflattering. Why didn't any of you tell me? Slackers. So I cut the suckers up. I wanted an alternative to sewing the hem and remembered that I have fabric glue! Hooray! Except the glue requires that you press the glue after a few minutes of drying. I do not possess an iron. But I do possess a flatiron. That's right ladies (and those of you males who straighten their hair. By the way, cut it out), I used my straightener. On a test strip of fabric, obviously. There's no way I would risk those kinds of shenanigans on the actual pants. So the pants are just cutoffs right now, and I fully intend to borrow an iron from someone for the actual hem, whether I glue it or decide to sew it. Anyway, that's my awesome story and I know you want me to tell it again. Sister's birthday tomorrow! I'm finding us an excellent food establishment to go to, one I haven't been to before, so expect a review and pictures to follow! Happy Saturday and enjoy your Sundays! I hope they are beautiful.

-LG

No comments:

Post a Comment