3.21.2011

Music Monday.

I love the drums. And I love heavy bass. I love seeing live music and feeling the bass vibrating through the floor, into your feet, and up your body until it feels like it's coming from inside you. It makes me happy and sad all at once. Happy because it's beautiful and consuming and for a few minutes you are wholly yourself, living inside a song. But I'm all too aware of the confines of my body in those moments. It's not enough to enjoy the music. I want to be the music. I want to be the drum beat, and the soaring notes, and the penetrating bass, and knowing that I can't leaves me feeling full of yearning. Sad isn't the right word. I don't think there is one that can really capture the feeling.

Florence and the Machine's music is a perfect example. Her voice is so incredibly powerful. I have "Cosmic Love" on repeat right now, full volume. I wanted to spread the beauty! Watch the video full sized and turn it way up.


 


Edit: It's 1am and I'm currently playing the air drums along to this song. An activity I HIGHLY recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment